The problem of hair loss is growing and so is the demand for hair restoration techniques. The traditional methods need a lot of time and patience to deliver results. But in this era of technology, people prefer procedures that offer instant and quality results, and this is where Hair Transplant Surgery comes in the picture.Another important factor, especially in Islamabad, is the constantly lowering costs associated with this procedure as more and more people are opting for it.
If you are facing following issues, then you are a perfect candidate for hair transplant:
- You have permanent hair thinning, receded hairline or a bald head
- You need an invasive hair transplant procedure
- You contain balding resistant hair on the head
- If you have a tight scalp, inappropriate for strip removal method
- Your hair loss is not progressing anymore
Hair transplant gives you following goals:
- A fuller and thicker hear of hair
- Enhanced youthful look
- Permanent hair in natural way
- Scar free hair transplant with minimum downtime, recovery time and least cost
Hair transplant is gaining more popularity throughout the world than hair replacement systems. Two most commonly used techniques of hair transplant are Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) (also known as Strip Method Transplant) and Follicular Unit Extraction(FUE). The former relates to surgically removing a thin strip of scalp containing hair follicles, dividing it into follicular units and relocating them in the bald areas; whereas the latter involves extracting follicular units 1 by 1 and transplanting them where required.
Common pre-operation steps are:
- Stop taking blood thinner 2 weeks before surgery
- Quit smoking 3 weeks before hair transplant
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages during last 3-5 days before surgery
- Limit caffeine intake
- Fill your prescriptions at least a week before your procedure
The procedure for above mentioned techniques are briefly listed as follows:
- FUT Procedure:
- Donor area preparation: 1st step is preparing donor area, involving shaving and marking the back/sides of scalp for strip cutting
- Administering anesthesia: Before cutting, strip donor area is numbed by administering local anesthesia
- Strip cutting: Linear strip of hair bearing superficial layer of skin is excised from the donor site
- Stitching the scalp: Surgeon will carefully stitch back skin with stitches/ staples
- Graft preparation: The scalp strip has thousands of hair follicles. It is excised under a powerful stereo microscope. This helps in obtaining individual mini graft for transplantation
- Administering anesthesia (recipient site): Local anesthesia is again administered to recipient area to numb it.
- FUE Procedure:
- Donor area preparation: Donor area will be shaved and marked for extraction of follicles
- Anesthesia: Local anesthesia will be administered to donor area to numb it and make extraction process virtually painless
- Donor hair extraction: Surgeon will extract donor grafts 1 by 1, using a punching tool of diameter less than 0.1 mm
- Graft preparation: Extracted grafts are handed over to technical staff to trim them carefully under stereo microscopes and obtain grafts of desired size
- Anesthesia (recipient site): once graft extraction is complete, local anesthesia is administered to recipient area to numb it.
Results of hair transplant surgery are fantastic. You not only get natural looking hair back but also live without fear of losing them in future. The transplanted hair starts growing in 3 to 4 months. It may take up to 8 months to reach a full length.
Hair Transplant Cost in Islamabad
The hair transplant cost in Islamabad & Rawalpindi is not fixed. It is due to the reason that the pricing depends on various variable factors. The price of hair transplant depends on;
- The expertise of the professional
- The location of the treatment facility
- The transplant technique selected by the patient
- The number of grafts that need to be transplanted
If you are interested in this treatment, then look no further than SKN cosmetics clinic. We are an advanced clinic with board certified dermatologists. We can perform his treatment at highly competitive rates so hurry and book a free online consultation and get a 25% discount. Hair transplant by SKN Cosmetics is one of the most cost-effective in Islamabad.