Have you ever seen grayish-brown pigmentation patches on the surface of your skin? Well, that termed as melasma. They usually appear on nose and cheek area. Increased concentration of melanin is said to be responsible for melasma. Although it can be seen in both men and women, women are more commonly affected by it. Pregnancy, sun damage and hormonal imbalance are two most common causes of melasma. Luckily, Melasma treatment in Abu Dhabi is there to cure your skin worries and bless you with a beautiful and glowing.
Are you the right prospect?
So, you are super stoked to get your clear skin back but before that you need to know whether it’s the right treatment for you or not. Here are a few considerations:
- You must be at least 18 years old to be able to undergo the treatment.
- You want to acquire your clear skin back without undergoing any invasive procedures.
- You have a good health and do not suffer from any chronic illness.
- You must not be pregnant.
- You shouldn’t be breastfeeding.
Goals of Melasma Treatment
Like any pigmentation treatment, Melasma treatment in Dubai also aims at;
- Helping you restore your natural skin tone
- Eliminates pigmentation and results in even skin tone.
- Gives your skin luminosity
You must follow certain skin care instructions when gearing up for Melasma treatment in Dubai & Abu Dhabi to maximize the results of the treatment and avoid any complications.
- You must protect your skin from the sun. Try to wear a strong sunscreen and always wear a brimmed hat while going out.
- If you are using any creams with Retin A in them, discontinue the use of such creams.
- If you smoke or drink, this is not the time for it as it might result in bruising.
- If you are a fan of tanning, try to avoid it for at least a month.
- Do not wear any makeup or skin care products while coming to the clinic for the treatment.
- Fill in your prescriptions ahead of time.
There are multiple options you can choose from when it comes to finding the right Melasma Treatment in Dubai. Here are a few of them:
- Topical Creams
They are usually regarded as the first line of defense against topical creams.
Ointments with kojic acid, azelaic acid, and hydroquinone are the active ingredients found in these creams.
Such creams prohibit the production of melanin and evens out your skin tone as well.
It requires consistent, long term usage to see spectacular results.
- Chemical Peels
Chemical Peels are acidic solutions and is certainly a multi-functional melisma treatment in Dubai.
A few sessions of chemical peels will surely eliminate the dead skin cells and allow new skin to come to the surface.
There are no side effects associated with the procedure.
It not only helps you get rid of melisma but makes you look youthful and rejuvenated.
Microdermabrasion treatment works on the principle of exfoliating dead skin cells and revealing the fresh layer of the skin.
The tiny crystals buff away dead skin cells and result in a fresh, glowing skin.
It enhances the natural skin tone and eliminates the pigmentation.
There are negligible side effects of the treatment.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
IPL is regarded as one of the best Melasma treatment options in Dubai.
It involves the use of a broad spectrum light.
Specific wavelengths are used to target pigmentation spots into small bits.
The result is an even skin tone and luminous glow that you have never experienced before.
- Laser treatment in Dubai
The waves emitted from laser beams target the pigmentation spots and results in a flawless skin.
It is a painless process and leaves your skin looking refreshed and rejuvenated.
It will not only even out your skin tone but make you look youthful as well.
Post treatment care is an important aspect of Melasma treatment in Dubai. It is stated as under.
- Apply all the topical medications advised by your dermatologist.
- Use ice packs to minimize the swelling and redness, every four hours.
- Avoid massaging the treatment site.
- Keep your skin moisturized to avoid flakiness.
- Do not touch your face excessively and avoid picking at your skin
- Do not expose treated areas to direct sunlight for a couple of months at least after the session
- Generously apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen lotion to the face before going out during daytime
- Do not pick or scratch at the scab that forms after melasma treatment.
You will instantly see a massive improvement in your skin after the very first session of Melasma treatment in Dubai. Still, the final results will take a couple of sessions to be apparent. The number of sessions can vary depending on each individual.
Melasma treatment in Dubai has a ton of benefits. Here are a few of the most pronounced ones:
- It is a non–invasive and a painless process without the involvement of cuts, stiches and incisions.
- There are absolutely no side effects involved in the treatment, provided that you follow pre and post procedural care instructions religiously.
- There is no downtime involved and you can get right back to work.
- The results are long lasting and do not require consistent maintenance.
- It is suitable for all skin types and ages.
We hope that we clarified your concerns regarding the Melasma treatment. If you still have any left, let us know and we will surely get back to you on Lase Treatment in Dubai.