In the cosmetic world, there is a solution to any type of problem. The face is the most prominent and main part of the body, it is observed by features and ears are the main feature that shows the proper shape of the face. There are many types of people who have the irregular shape of ears which not only bring down their confidence but also do not let them be comfortable with their own body.
There is a cosmetic treatment for ears known as Otoplasty, as well as ear surgery which is performed for reshaping and making corrections of ears. It is a permanent solution and a surgical procedure. This blog post will cover A Brief Guide to Otoplasty Surergy in Islamabad Pakistan that includes overview, benefits and procedure steps.
According to the SKN clinic, Otoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that is performed for reshaping the ear position, proportional ear size and overall look of the face. It is also known as ear pinning. Also, it is a process of making permanent moves ears closer to the head. This procedure is common for all ages from children to adults and both genders.
The major and essential goal of otoplasty is to make an accurate shape of prominent ears by handling the collagen behind the ear to hold the back and reduce its position.
There are a lot of advantages of otoplasty surgeries and some of the major benefits are as following:
- It will improve the prominence of the ears accurately.
- The face features will be upgraded.
- A lot of small imperfections can be sort through this process.
- Children can also undergo this surgery.
- Safest procedure.
- There are no major side effects and complications in it.
- Only minimal scarring will happen.
- It will boost up self-confidence and enhance self-image.
- Best solutions for irregular shapes and injuries.
The otoplasty surgeries are performed for obtaining accurate and impressive results. In this type of surgery, the outcomes will be observed immediately and complete results will be obtained within 10 to 12 months. It depends on the size of the correction, small corrections may take less time for obtaining results and big correction may take time. Our clinic delivers miraculous and long-lasting results in ear treatments.
Before the Procedure:
Before the surgery of the ear, your practitioner will examine the condition of your ear. After that he/she will suggest you a suitable treatment for ear corrections. Different people have different ear problems so the procedure will depend on the nature of the problem. There are few instructions that your practitioner will prescribe you before the treatment and you have to follow them according to the surgeon’s advice. These are mentioned below:
- Do not go sunbathing for at least 14 days.
- Avoid taking blood-thinning medication before the process.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Be prepared.
In A Brief Guide to Otoplasty Surergy in Islamabad Pakistan, the procedure will define as it is performed for those candidates who have genetically large size ears and it can simultaneously decrease the size and make correction in the angle of the ear. The total duration of the procedure is approximately 2 hours and sometimes it depends on the nature of the problem. Moreover, the procedural steps are as following:
- Your practitioner will cleanse the ear first and local anaesthesia or general anaesthesia will be injected into the patient. (Anesthesia will depend on the nature of the problem).
- After that, the incision will be made behind the ear for exposing cartilage. It will be removed and given a shape to a small size.
- Also, if there is excess skin so it will be removed according to the desire of the candidate.
- In the end, the practitioner will stitch the incision and bandage to close.
After the Procedure:
The aftercare of ear surgery is always necessary to follow for keeping your surgery safe and perfect. After the treatment, your practitioner will prescribe you few instructions related to your ear and health-wise. There are several common instructions mentioned below:
- Do not blow your nose for at least 10 to 14 days.
- Try to avoid physical activities like swimming and sports etc.
- A candidate should sleep with a light fitting headband for 5 to 6 weeks.
- Do not go out in direct sunlight, make it limited.
- A candidate should not be allowed to enter the water in the ear.
- Use prescribed medication for preventing pain or infection.
These are important aftercare instructions that a candidate should follow accordingly. For the first 7 days, it is common to have a thick and dark substance with blood that can be easily cleaned by a peroxide solution.
The cost of Otoplasty surgery depends on person to person. Sometimes, few candidates need to change little corrections and some of them need big so it depends on the nature of the problem and the method that will be performed. Moreover, few other factors can affect the cost of the treatment and these are mentioned below:
- The expert surgeon fee.
- The location and reputation of the clinic.
- A method of treatment chosen.
- Anaesthesia and medications.
Further, these cost details are always discussed in the initial session before the treatment and if someone wants to know more about cost-related queries then feel free to contact us for more information.