Microneedling is a relatively new technique in the field of dermatology and is carried out using a needling tool known as a derma pen. This tool works wonders on your skin and repairs any damaged areas present. It is an effective treatment against large scars on the face caused due to acne breakouts.
This tool also works like magic on loose skin after excessive weight loss. The device has a pen shape and has tiny needles attached to it that puncture the skin ever so slightly, causing collagen to be produced naturally. This technique is very famous throughout the world, and Dermapen Treatment in Islamabad is one of the best there is!
Aim of treatment/ Essence of Treatment
This treatment is mainly performed on areas of the skin that has been affected by damage, such as wrinkles, scars, blemishes, pigmentation, and fine lines. It is also used to reduce the loose feeling of the skin by tightening it.
Although this treatment is used to repair all sorts of skin damage, it is more effective on broader scars as compared to narrow ones. Ice-pick scars are deep and narrow acne marks left behind after a severe acne breakout.
The results for this treatment are visible within one week, but for best results, it’s better to wait at least a month before booking a consultation. The tool used for this treatment slightly damages the already damaged skin to encourage the production of collagen in the skin. This heals the skin naturally and improves its overall appearance. Other changes that you’ll notice are:
- Reduction in the look of wrinkles and fine lines
- Acne scars have improved noticeably.
- Pores appear to be less expanded.
- Reduction in Skin pigmentation, blemishes, and spots
- Skin texture has improved
- Skin looks more youthful
This treatment has several benefits that go way beyond recovering plain acne marks. Apart from being used as a treatment for acne, this procedure is also used to treat other areas of the skin that have been damaged. Other benefits of this procedure that you will notice include:
- Wrinkle creases on the cheeks and lips are minimized.
- The complexion and texture of the skin have significantly improved.
- Pores on the skin seem to be smaller.
- Product permeation has improved.
- The texture of the neck’s skin improves.
- The texture of the chest’s skin improves.
- Stretch marks are less visible.
Almost everyone can get this treatment done on their skin as it works on all sorts of skin textures, tones, and types. The only people who cannot get this treatment are those with active healing spots on their skin. If your skin is still in recovery, you cannot get this treatment as it can backfire. You are also not an ideal candidate if you have any active skin infection. You should first deal with the infection and then opt for the treatment.
However, if you fall under any of the given categories, then you are an ideal candidate for this treatment:
- If you are suffering from acne scars and pigmentation on your face, back, or other body areas.
- If you are dealing with blemishes caused by chickenpox, inflammation, burns or cuts, etc.
- If you want to rid your skin of impurities such as spots, pigmentation, birthmarks, sun damage, etc. This technique also applies to other parts of the body, not just the face.
- If your skin is showing signs of aging, such as wrinkles around the eyes, lips, and your face. You can also opt for this treatment if your skin has started sagging.
- If your skin has stretch marks and enlarged pores.
How Does it Work?
This tool employs microneedles to glide up and down over the skin, puncturing microscopic holes as it goes. The pen’s method enables healthy collagen to be stimulated, as well as tiny punctures in the skin that allow nutrients to be absorbed into the deep layers of the skin. Because the device is quick, it does not harm the skin’s dermal layers.
Aftercare and Recovery:
Aftercare for this treatment is essential, and if you do not follow the doctor’s instructions properly, you can ruin your progress. Following are some things that you should do to care for your skin 72 hours after this facial:
- Apply lots of Sunscreen and do not spend too many hours in the sun.
- Wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face
- Avoid using makeup on your face as it can cause reactions
- Avoid activities that would cause you to sweat
- Use moisturizing serums and creams to hydrate the skin.
This facial is completely safe and does not yield any severe side effects. Minor side effects might include:
- Slightly Dry Skin
- Irritated Skin
- Minor Itchiness
- Mild swelling
These side effects only last the first 24 hours of the treatment and can easily be treated with moisturizers and hydrating balms.
The cost of this treatment depends on various factors such as location, the beauty technician’s expertise, and the area you are getting treated. If you pay more money, you will get better treatment. Dermapen Treatment in Islamabad will cost you around PKR 10,000.
How Long Do The Results Last?
On average, the effects of these therapies should last roughly three to five months. Two factors determine the outcomes’ longevity: the amount of time new collagen stays in your skin and the severity of your skin issues. People who need to create a lot of collagen to repair severe skin disorders will likely get short-term improvements, while those with modest difficulties may see longer-term effects.
Book a Free Appointment!
Although this treatment has only recently become trendy, it has helped many people regain their confidence. If you wish to get treated for your scars, just fill out the form to get a free consultation with SKN Cosmetics‘ best beauty technicians!