The symbol of feminity in women is their breasts. Because of their significance and aesthetic importance, they are always in focus. They have different sizes or shapes which basically depends upon the type of body a female has or his cultural values. Sometimes, they do not develop fully or are of smaller size hence, there is always a need that them to be made perfect and this perfection can be achieved by surgical procedures. Although liposuction tops the charts yet Breast Augmentation also called augmentation mammoplasty follows it and falls on number second. Currently, 300000 women undergo this procedure every year in the US. This procedure has a tremendously positive influence on the body.
- For the correction of hypoplastic breasts
- After post-partum involution
- For the correction of asymmetry
- For reconstruction
- Cosmetic correction
This type was primarily used by Czerny in 1895. During that procedure, a fatty lipoma was transferred from the back of the patient to the breast. The first implant was done in 1930 when a ball was implanted. This technique further evolved till 1961, when the first Teflon prosthetics were developed. These implants became the cause of various adverse effects as the immune system reacted to them after regarding as foreign material. Silicon was used for the first time in 1962 by Cronin and Gerow.
According to the official website of the US Food and Drug Administration, following are the types:
These have an outer covering of silicone while they are filled with sterile saline water solution from inside. If the age of the woman is 18 years or above, she can use this type of implant according to FDA. they are mostly implied in revision surgeries.
They were first used in the 1960s, now they are the most sought out form worldwide. They are filled with silicone gel along with silicone covering. Size can be selected according to the choice as they come in various sizes. Their other name is the gummy bear and can be employed in corrective surgeries. They do not spill in case of rupture.
- 1 Indications:
- 2 History:
- 3 Kinds:
- 4 Breast Augmentation Results:
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) :
- 6 Breast Augmentation Cost:
- 7 Procedural steps:
- 9 Perioperative duration:
- 10 Post-operative care:
- 11 Recovery Time:
- 12 Can The Implant Rupture?
- 13 Are There Any Complications?
- 14 Can I Remove Them?
- 15 The pockets:
- 16 Get To Know Us!
Breast Augmentation Results:
The results of breast implanting are effective and are quite amazing as you can achieve the shape and size of your preference after the Breast Surgery Clinic Islamabad. You will feel confident and amazing once you’re done. It is, however, very important to have realistic expectations since the procedure does have certain limitations as well.
A candidate will start to observe changes in their look right after a couple of months once the swelling subsides accurately. Moreover, it is very important to choose a professional surgeon and suitable type of implants for achieving successful results
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) :
Breast Augmentation Cost:
The Price of Breast Augmentation in Islamabad Pakistan varies from 150,000 PKR to 400,000 PKR. The final Price is decided after consultation with our Breast Specialist. Different implants have different cost rates, mentioned below:
- Saline Implants cost is 125,000 PKR to 200,000 PKR.
- Silicone Gel Implants cost is 120,000 PKR to 200,000 PKR.
- Mentor Implants cost is 140,000 PKR to 190,000 PKR.
- Motiva Implants cost is 145,000 PKR to 185,000 PKR.
Moreover, there are some factors that can affect the actual cost of treatment. These are mentioned below:
- Professional surgeon’s fee.
- Location and reputation of the clinic.
- Implant types.
- Checkup sessions.
- Other supporting charges.
Furthermore, if you want to know more about cost-related queries then feel free to contact our team for knowing more information related to the treatment
The steps are described as under:
- Complete patient profiling including blood CP, urea tests, and blood sugar volumes
- X-Ray of the chest
- Blood clotting time
- Bleeding time
- Patient’s psychological assessment
- Then the implant is selected according to the specific conditions of the person i.e. what are the physical features, height, size of the patient, etc.
- The assessment of parenchyma should also be done beforehand
Types of incision:
This decision must be made by both patient and his physician after taking everything into consideration. There are four types of incisions.
- The inframammary incision is done under the area. The scar can be seen in the area around the fold. This is the most employed method.
- The periareolar incision is done at the areola-cutaneous juncture and it also leaves a visible scar. This type is also associated with increasing nipples sensitivity.
- The transaxillary incision can be done in any type of pocket. This does not leave a scar but placement may be difficult.
- Transumbilical augmentation can only be used for saline types. These are hidden and remote.
Implants are placed either sub-muscularly or sub-glandularly.
It is mandatory to complete the course of antibiotics both pre-operatively as well as post-operatively. Although clear effects have been reported in the former case, there are no significant results in the latter case.
It is an ambulatory procedure unless otherwise directed
Postoperatively, the patient is advised to wear a surgical bra for some time. Any activity with water is prohibited. Driving a vehicle is strictly forbidden as the patient is still on narcotics. A follow-up checkup is mandatory after 1 or 2 weeks.
The patient is advised to prohibit form heavy and stressful activities for 4 to 5 weeks. Pain associated with the surgical procedures will remain for 1 to 2 weeks and can be controlled with analgesics (painkillers). Results will be fully visible after 2 months.
Can The Implant Rupture?
The answer to this question is, Yes! Implants can rupture and this is also difficult to retrieve. Damage or leakage are the most common causes. This is a silent process and is not visible in most cases but still, in certain cases, rupture is followed by asymmetric shape, firmness, or pain. Hence, Food and Drug Regularity Authority has instructed to have a thorough check-up after 2 or 3 years.
Are There Any Complications?
Nipples are supplied with intercostal nerves. They must be preserved for retaining sensation in the nipples after surgery as any damage may lead to no sensation. Any injury to the area must be prevented. Some of the surgical complications may be:
- The implant may displace
- Irritation of the area
- Loss of sensation
- Pain at the site
- Chances of development of infection
- lymphoma formation (type of cancer of the immune system)
- Capsular contracture (scar)
- May require additional surgeries
Can I Remove Them?
If there is any complication or if it has been advised medically, then they can be removed. There are basically two methods to remove the implants:
- Only implant is removed without removing the scar tissue
- The other method is en-block resection and in this method, both are removed surgically.
Implants can be removed at any time of life by reoperation. It is not required to replace it once it has been removed but it will leave deformity in the area. Some women do not choose to replace it once removed.
In the sub-glandular, prepectoral muscle plane. The risk of malposition needs to be minimized.
- Subpectoral: this is a submuscular pocket. This type increases the chances of contouring and decreases the chances of capsular contracture. Prospects of infections are also minimum.
- Periareolar Sub Muscular Placement: this type avoids the disadvantages of the other two types. Complications are also decreased. This approach also has high versatility, less pain, and is safer.
Get To Know Us!
Are you interested in Breast Augmentation in Islamabad? We are here to help you. Book your appointment by filling out the form below or call us at our given number. You will be provided excellent care at affordable rates.