Many people don’t even know that their gums have receded because it is progressing slowly. It is a process where the tissue around the teeth pulls away from it and exposes more of the tooth and its root. It can easily damage the supporting bone of teeth. Moreover, it is a common dental issue that can affect every 5% to 15% of adults, and when they don’t notice, it can become a more severe issue for them.
If someone is experiencing Receding gums, exposing tooth-root, and repair tooth recession, then there is a procedure known as Gum Grafting in Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Pakistan. On this page, you will learn about the cause, results, and procedure with cost. Keep reading!
According to expert gum specialists, it happens to most people who don’t even know about it. However, there is a treatment for fixing gum issues and performed to correct receding gums through an easy surgical process.
In this procedure, the gum specialist will remove a piece of tissue from the roof of the mouth or sometimes near to healthy gum tissue. After extracting a tiny piece of skin, it will attach it to the affected tooth where the gum is receding. It will be done in a short time, and a patient can go home right away.
There are few major causes of receding gum because different patients have different causes; these are mentioned below:
- Bacterial gum infection.
- Due to your genes.
- You are brushing your teeth hard.
- No good dental care.
- Changes in hormones.
- Smoking products like tobacco.
The Expected Results:
When the receded gums are treated, soft tissue recovering takes approximately 4 to 8 weeks for back to normal. Sometimes, the healing process depends on the thickness of the tissue and treated area or depends on the affected tooth area. If the bone is seen, then the healing process may take a long period.
So, the results may depend on the patient’s condition, and they will be obtained for a long-lasting time. Therefore, it is important to choose an expert gum specialist who performed your surgery carefully and successfully.
There are a lot of benefits if you go for the treatment of gum grafting. First, you will get your quality of life back, which is way more important than anything else. A few of the benefits are mentioned below:
- It will protect your other gums.
- Prevent roots from decay and other diseases.
- It will lessen the chances of tooth loss.
- Lessen the tooth sensitivity.
- Make your smile attractive and improved.
Preparation For The Treatment:
According to SKN cosmetics, the preparation of Gum Grafting in Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Pakistan is simple and important. When you consult your gum specialist, your affected teeth examine how severe your issue is and a suitable technique for you. There are 3 types of gum issues treating techniques and recommendations according to your requirement and suitability. These are the Connective, Free gingival, and Pedicle process.
After choosing a method, the gum specialist will discuss all the precautions, procedural steps, and recovery process.
The process of gum graft will be performed at the clinic and by an expert gum specialist. This procedure will be performed under local anesthesia. All the methods are done differently, as mentioned below:
- Connective – It is the type of process performed as the tiny flap will be open from the roof of the mouth, and a piece of connective tissue will be removed from the most upper layer of tissue. After that, a specialist will stitch the extracted tissue to the treating area of gum tissue.
- Free gingival process – In this type of technique, the small piece of tissue will be removed from the roof of the mouth and stitch to affected teeth areas where the gum requires. This type of technique is used to perform for those who need thin and extra gum tissues to protect receding and other diseases.
- Pedicle technique – In this method, it will perform differently by instead of taking a piece of tissue from the donor, it will be removed from the surrounding area of other gums or near to repairing tooth (teeth). The pedicle is specifically cut away, and that is how one edge will remain attached. This technique is the most effective and successful.
In the end, the gum specialist will wash the mouth will antibacterial mouth wash. Therefore, all these techniques are effective and done with a specific time according to the requirements of candidates. Usually, it doesn’t take a long time.
After the procedure, the fully recovered gum grafts will take 1 to 2 weeks. Therefore, it is important to follow the prescribed instructions while in the healing process. Your gum specialist will recommend you some instructions according to the treatment type and health-wise. Some common aftercare instructions are mentioned below:
- Eat soft food and healthily, which will not damage the graft.
- Avoid eating hard food or hot and cold things that can irritate the treated area.
- A candidate should use a prescribed antibacterial mouthwash to prevent infections.
- It would help if you asked your gum specialist about brushing your teeth routine. Do not brush; otherwise, it will get an infection.
- If you feel any pain, then use prescribed pain killers; they may provide you relief.
- Avoid doing exercising until your specialist says it is good or not.
- Do visit for regular checkups for checking the gum graft conditions.
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol.
The cost of Gum Grafting in Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Pakistan depends on person to person, and some factors affect the cost, such as:
- The expert gum specialist fee.
- Location and reputation of the clinic.
- Technique chosen.
- Other supporting charges.
Furthermore, if you want to know more about cost-related queries, then feel free to contact our team. They will guide you best.
Schedule an Appointment With Us!
If you are experiencing gum issues and drinking hot/cold stuff, it irritates, then consult SKN cosmetics for treatment. We will provide the effective and safest procedures with an aftercare plan.