Genetically, our teeth are the first thing to be noticed by other people. When we talk, when we smile and even when we yawn. But what if they got damaged cracked or weakened from decay? As human nature we get upset and depressed so that’s how we don’t want to talk, we don’t smile to look ugly or even we can’t eat anything due to its weakness.
In medical science, every technique is introduced for solving the issue. The effective process is called Dental Crowns in Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Pakistan. Our specialist uses a cap to cover up destructed or defective teeth. The cap is made according to the client’s other teeth color. It upgrades surfacing, reshaping and in form of order.
What is Crowning?
The process of restoration of a tooth through a cap and making it in a special dental lab is known as a dental crown. This technique is effective for forming and functioning as well as preventing from big cavities. Several materials are used to fabricate the right cap for the client’s requirement. The dental specialists will always checkup the exact colour and shade of the patient’s teeth for a real and natural matching. Mostly, it is made up of porcelain. Sometimes, it is made up of metal alloys, acrylic or gold etc.
There are several basic quick facts that will summarize the whole treatment in a few points. These are mentioned below:
- The total duration for the procedure is two hours or depends.
- It will require local Anesthesia.
- You may need time off work for 1 to 2 days.
- It will take 1 week only to fully recover.
- Final results last for 6 to 16 years.
- Types of material used: metal-alloys, acrylic or gold, etc.
To know more about dental crowns, you can consult or contact our team anytime. We will provide you with helpful information according to your concerns. Otherwise, keep reading for knowing more details about the procedure.
The Cost of Dental Crowns in Islamabad ranges between 8000 PKR to 18,000 PKR. Also, it charges every candidate differently and according to their concerns. Moreover, there are few cost factors that always rely upon the nature of the problem, technique, and materials. Sometimes, it includes other treatments as well which are performed before or after the crowning, for example, cleaning the teeth, reshaping, and root canal. Some other factors are:
- The type of crowning.
- Material usage.
- Dentist’s experience & expertise.
- The area size.
- Location of the clinic.
- Session requirements.
- Other supporting charges.
Furthermore, if someone needs more details related to cost queries, do consult us for further details.
Types of Crown:
According to SKN cosmetics, there are several types of dental crowns that are used for solving the problems of teeth and surgeons will recommend according to suitability and the candidate’s desire. These are mentioned below:
It is a type of crown that is a combination of copper and metals. These are long-lasting and effective crowning type but it is not that much popular due to their colour.
Another type of crown, a porcelain crown is the most popular nowadays. It is made up of porcelain material and the main benefit is that they look like a natural tooth with accurate shape, size, and color.
Last but not least, it is an effective type of crown that is also popular. These are long-lasting and less time-consuming procedures. Otherwise, it may be hard to adjust for some candidates.
Indications for Crowning:
It is useful for the candidate when the filling is not solving the issue. For many reasons that lead to crowning:
- The protection of weak teeth.
- It restores the broken shape.
- If there’s a big filling required.
- For holding a bridge.
- The area which needs a Root Canal.
If a person wants to enhance the smile that also needs this treatment or if someone needs to improve the disordered shapes etc.
There are several benefits of it throughout a lifetime. Most people lose their self-confidence and talking activity just because of their disorder teeth position, some people can’t eat etc. Some benefits are as follows:
- Improve smile by aligning teeth.
- It is a simple treatment.
- The destructed tooth is restored in it.
- Improves eating and chewing.
- Add flexibility.
- A versatile cosmetic treatment.
- No pain and no downtime.
The Outcomes of Dental Crowns in Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Pakistan would be perfect and for long period. It always depends upon how the client took care of his/her health after the treatment. Mostly the long-lasting results are 6 to 16 years and some of them stay longer than that. It may get loose or fall due to serious reasons then a person should go for a checkup.
It doesn’t need any specific care but remember that keep the gums and teeth healthy by brushing twice a day. Use fluoride toothpaste. Do regular checkups and professional cleaning. The person will get the desired result when they keep these instructions in mind for maintaining it.
The main point is to get mentally prepared for the treatment. Firstly, the specialist will examine and suggest material type. There are many factors that are key points to consider when choosing a crowning method, it includes:
- Average cost
Preparing an area for a cap fixing usually needs 2 sessions with the specialist before the treatment. The first session includes looking into and testing, preparing it, x-rays, placing a temporary cap etc. the second session includes the placing of the final cap.
According to SKN cosmetic clinic, Dental Crown in Islamabad procedure performed in some steps including first and second session:
- The specialist will take the X-ray for examining the position.
- Some Local anaesthesia is given for numbness.
- Then they reshaped the targeted tooth for a new crown/cap.
- The 3-Shape scanner model of teeth will be used to produce the permanent crown.
- The colour and shade will be chosen from neighbouring teeth.
- After that, the temporary cap will be fixed for protection until the permanent is getting ready.
- The permanent cap will custom made with the use of special dental cement by an expert specialist.
- Then they fix the crown at the treated area. Once the permanent is placed, we make sure it will fit perfectly in a bite.
- A light polishing can be done if any client needs it.
Now a person can eat, chew and smile as normal again. This procedure can be performed in one day as well but mostly done in multiple days according to the step by step fixing and healing period.
After the treatment, there’s no specific care required for this treatment. But do perform the regular schedule oral hygiene practicing which is:
- Brushing for 2 minutes twice per day.
- Rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash in a day.
- Maybe a client observes a little pain but the specialist will suggest some medication for healing as well.
- Do not bite hard stuff with treated teeth.
- If you feel any type of infection then use antibiotics that your surgeon recommends.
- Once the cap is fixed, that doesn’t mean it’s safe from gums diseases and decay. A person should avoid eating ice, biting fingernails and opening packing.
Book A Consultation With Us!
The Smile is the main and important feature of the face; modify it and be effective whether you are experiencing any problem related to teeth. Feel free to consult SKN Dental clinic for Dental Crowns in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, and Pakistan. We are looking forward to you!