Our teeth and gums may suffer from different problems with the passage of time. If you are also suffering from it then consider Treatment of TMJ Disorders in Islamabad.
What are TMJ Disorders and Myofacial Pain Syndrome?
The TMJ or temporomandibular joint is in between your lower jaw bone or the mandible and the temporal bone of your skull and it’s responsible for your jaw movements.
The TMD or temporomandibular disorder is a group of disorders categorized by the pain in your jaw part and limited movements of the mandible.
Listed below are the problems that are caused by your muscles, is called Myofacial Pain Syndrome:
- Internal derangements like disc displacement
- Trauma in the muscles surrounding your joint
What are the Symptoms?
Following are the early signs of TMJ disorders:
- Stiff face
- Pain in neck and shoulder
- Limited mandible movements
What are the Causes?
Following are the three most common causes of TMJ disorders:
- If your joint is damaged due to an injury.
- If your cartilage of the joint is injured due to arthritis.
- If the disk moves in an indecorous manner that disrupts your alignment.
If you are suffering from the temporomandibular joint or TMJ disorder then you are a good candidate to get the TMJ Disorders treatment.
Pre-Operative Care Guidelines:
Before undergoing the treatment of TMJ Disorders in Islamabad, you will have to follow these pre-operative care guidelines:
- You will have to quit smoking and drinking
- You will have to avoid taking aspirin and blood-thinners.
- You will have to take prescribed medications and get lab tests done, according to the doctor’s recommendation.
Objectives of TMJ Disorders Treatment:
Following are the aims of TMJ Disorders Treatment:
- It will help in reducing your pain and discomfort.
- It will make you healthy again.
- It will solve the problems related to teeth and gums.
How will the doctor diagnose your TMJ Disorder?
If you are suffering from TMJ disorder then you have to arrange an appointment with the doctor at the Skn dental Clinic. Then the doctor will carefully evaluate your teeth to determine that whether you are suffering from TMJ disorder or not.
And in the end, the doctor will discuss various treatment options to cure TMJ disorder, such as:
- TMJ arthroscopy
- Open-joint surgery
- Modified condylotomy
- Nigh time mouth guards.
Post-Operative Care Guidelines:
After the Treatment of TMJ Disorders, the doctor will prescribe you to follow these post-operative care guidelines carefully:
- You will have to take prescribed medications regularly.
- You will have to take good care of your treatment site.
- You also will have to take diet as per doctor’s instructions.
Following are the benefits of the Treatment of TMJ Disorders in Islamabad, Pakistan:
- It will also minimize the risk of dental damage.
- It will protect your ear’s health.
- It will reduce chronic
- It will enhance your overall health.
- It will help you in boosting up your confidence and quality of life.
- It will allow you to enjoy your meals again.
If you want to permanently treat your TMJ disorders, then feel free to consult the SKN Dentist in Islamabad to consider the Treatment of TMJ Disorders in Islamabad.
Fill in the form to get ConsultationWe'll call you back within 15 minutes