Nowadays, people get cavities while eating all types of food things and do not take good care of their teeth due to their busy routines. If you don’t take care, your teeth get a cavity and it may lead you to several problems. If your tooth is broken, cracked or have dental cavities then Dental Filling in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan can fix this problem easily.
Actually, such fillings are helpful in the way that they can restore your teeth that have been damaged by decay, grinding or breakage due to the accident. On this page, you will learn all about its types, procedure, results and cost. So, keep reading for more information.
What is Dental Filling?
According to SKN cosmetics, a dental filling is a treatment that is used to perform for various reasons such as, filling the decayed removal area, repairing cracked and broken teeth etc. moreover, fillings are necessary because affect tooth cannot chew or bite anything well and you will feel a lot of pain.
However, the procedure will be done at the clinic and by professional dental surgeons. The main purpose of having a dental filling is to eliminate the cavity, remove bacteria and debris. So, if you want to know about your teeth condition, you can consult us anytime that our experts will examine and let you know about it.
Types of Dental Fillings:
There are several types of filling materials that are used during the treatment according to suitability and the candidate’s choice. Firstly, your surgeon will examine your teeth condition and after that recommend you. However, these are common material types mentioned below:
- Ceramic fillings: Ceramic fillings are made of porcelain.
- Amalgam fillings: Amalgam fillings are made from a combination of silver, mercury, copper, zinc, and tin.
- Gold fillings: Gold fillings are made from gold alloys, which is a mixture of other metals and gold.
- Composite fillings: Composite fillings are made from glass particles and plastic.
- Glass ionomer fillings: Glass ionomer fillings are made from glass components and acrylic.
To know more about the dental fillings, there are some quick facts about the overall procedure, common facts are mentioned below:
- The total duration of the procedure depends on the condition of candidates otherwise, the average duration is 1 to 3 hours.
- It will require local anesthesia for numbing the surrounding areas.
- Dental fillings will stay for 10 to 20 years, also depending on the type of material.
- You can have other dental treatments as well on the same day.
- There is no specific diet after the treatment but requires good care.
Therefore, these are the basic information about the treatment otherwise if you want to know more details then read this page or you can visit our clinic anytime. Our experts will guide you best!
The outcomes of the teeth filling will be effective and long-lasting. You will get amazing tooth filling and will enjoy every meal while eating. Moreover, the result also depends upon the performance of your dental surgeon and how you take good care of your treated area. So, it is very important to choose an expert and professional dental surgeon, choose a suitable and durable filling material and follow the aftercare instructions which will prescribe you by your surgeon.
Generally, there are a lot of benefits of getting dental filling because it is very important for your health to have healthy and correct teeth. However, some common advantages are mentioned below:
- It is a protector for teeth from damaging and getting bacteria in them.
- The filling will bond your tooth structure; it won’t fall or slip out.
- More effective and helpful in preventing further decay.
- Safest and long-lasting method for protecting teeth.
- New life provider to your teeth without having any problem.
- It will make your smile look attractive and new.
- Low risk of side effects and allergic reactions.
- No downtime and no painful treatment.
- It will boost up your self-confidence and self-esteem.
It is necessary to fulfil the candidacy criteria before undergoing any procedure. The truth is you won’t be able to get clues that are you a good candidate for Dental Filling in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan or not. So for surety, you have to arrange an appointment with the dentist, and he will perform several tests including X-rays. After performing a few tests, the dentist will carefully examine your reports and see whether:
- The surface of your teeth or tooth looks abnormal or not.
- Your teeth are seriously infected or not.
- Teeth have decay or not.
After examining your condition, your surgeon will let you know whether you need a dental filling or not. As well as, the dentist will recommend you a suitable material for fillings.
There is no specific preparation for this procedure because it is a very common treatment that can be performed in a day. Moreover, to protect your teeth from extreme damage you have to visit your dentist monthly. So, the dental practitioner will catch the further cavities in its initial stage and it will save you from big damage. It will require more filling treatment if you don’t take good care of your oral health.
Moreover, your dentist will prescribe you some precautions like do not smoking or drink alcohol, avoiding taking blood-thinning medication and following the daily routine according to your dentist’s advice.
On the day of the procedure, you need to arrive at the clinic on time. Your dental surgeon will perform your treatment at the SKN cosmetics clinic. This procedure will be done under local anesthesia for making it a pain-free process. However, the simple procedural steps are mentioned below:
- The first step is to clean teeth and remove the cavity with dental instruments. The surgeon will prepare your affected tooth.
- After that, the surgeon will use filling according to your tooth colour and place it on the affected area and use blue light. It is used for making the inserted filling hard and long-lasting.
- In the end, your placed filling will be polished and shape your treated tooth accordingly for giving it the perfect look.
Therefore, the duration will depend on the teeth and how much a candidate needs fillings. Moreover, it may require other dental treatments like a root canal, teeth whitening etc.
When you filling procedure get done, you can go home and enjoy your new teeth. Your dental surgeon will not leave you without prescribing you aftercare instructions. It is very important to take good care of your teeth according to your dental surgeon’s advice. Some common instructions are mentioned below:
- Avoid chewing hard foods or things like ice, toffee etc. for a few hours.
- If you feel any sensitivity then visit your dental surgeon.
- Take a soft and liquid diet for a few days if you have fillings on both sides.
- Brush your teeth daily and two times a day.
- Do not take blood thinners for a few days.
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol.
- Attend your regular checkups with your dental expert.
You don’t have to worry about the delayed healing process because the recovery period isn’t long. But the dentist will recommend you to follow a list of instructions to take good care of your dental/Teeth filling procedure.
The average cost of Dental Filling in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan ranges between 3,500 PKR to 6,000 PKR. Also, Dental Filling treatment depends on a candidate to a candidate because all people don’t have the same issues. Moreover, there are a few factors that can affect the cost of the treatment. These are mentioned below:
- The Experienced dentist’s fee.
- Location and reputation of the clinic.
- The material type used in filling.
- Other supporting charges.
Furthermore, if you want to know more about cost-related queries then you can contact us anytime or visit our clinic for more information according to your concerns.
Why Choose Us?
Generally, our clinic is one of the most reputable and well-known clinics in Islamabad. We have expert and board-certified dental surgeons who performed all dental treatments very skillfully and successfully. If you want to get the teeth filling treatment then consult SKN cosmetics. We are here to provide you with successful and effective results. We are looking forward to you!
- Can Filling fix all Teeth Problems?
Well, sometimes the decay can damage a lot of your teeth to the point where the dental filling isn’t enough to fix it. If this is the problem, then after getting the dental filling the dentist will suggest you wear a cap or a crown at the top of your filling.
But if the decay has affected the nerves inside your teeth then the dentist will recommend you to get a root canal treatment. In which he will remove the damaged nerves of the teeth and try to keep your nerves alive through pulp capping.
- How many types of materials are there for dental fillings?
There are several types of filling materials, some common are; Ceramic fillings, Amalgam fillings, Gold fillings, Composite fillings and Glass ionomer fillings. These are recommended according to the candidate’s concern and suitability.
- Is it possible to have multiple teeth filling in one day?
Yes! Of course, it is possible to have multiple teeth filling if they want to get it done in a single treatment. Otherwise, you can have these fillings in multiple sessions.
- Is it a painful procedure?
No, the dental teeth fillings aren’t painful as local anesthesia will be used before the procedure and your treating area will get numb and you will not feel any type of pain. After that, you may feel little irritation because you get a new shape after filling.
- How long fillings can stay?
The average timing of teeth fillings will stay for 10 to 20 years. Sometimes, it depends on how much you take good care of your teeth. Otherwise, fillings are a long-lasting solution and you will enjoy your chewing food and oral health.