The eyes are a prominent aspect of a person’s face and one of the first features of the face that comes into notice by others. The eyes do not just serve the purpose of aiding us to see the world but also play a vital role when it comes to non-verbal communication. Having sagging top eyelid skin under such circumstances, whether brought on by aging or heredity, can be upsetting. To address this issue, SKN Cosmetic Surgery Clinic provides Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 1 What Exactly Is Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty?
- 2 Am I An Ideal Candidate for An Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty?
- 3 How Does Blepharoplasty For Upper Eyelid Work?
- 4 What Are the Treatment Benefits?
- 5 Post-Procedure Guidelines:
- 6 How Much Will an Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty in Islamabad Cost Me?
- 7 How Long Do the Outcomes of The Surgery Last?
- 8 Get an Appointment!
What Exactly Is Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty?
The sagging skin on top of the eyelids can also cause visual obstruction in more severe cases. This sagging or droopiness develops when the muscles surrounding the eyes weaken and expand, causing fat and loose skin to accumulate above the eyelids. Upper eyelid blepharoplasty is an eyelid surgery procedure that removes the extra loose skin and fat buildup above the eyes. This surgery cures vision loss brought on by blockage from loose skin, along with enhancing the general appearance of the eyes, giving you a more young, vibrant appearance.
Am I An Ideal Candidate for An Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty?
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Are in good health conditions.
- Suffer from droopy eyelids.
- Have excessive skin around the eyes.
- Are experiencing vision impairment due to the excessive skin on the eyes.
- Want to get rid of your hooded eyes.
- Do not suffer from dry eyes or have any major underlying health and skin disorders.
How Does Blepharoplasty For Upper Eyelid Work?
A comprehensive consultation with a qualified surgeon is essential pre-op along with a physical examination. Once all the requirements are met, you will be scheduled for the operation.
- The eyelid region is first measured by the surgeon, who then makes two marks for incision: one above the additional skin to be removed and one at the new location of the eyelid crease. The excess skin is between the two marks.
- A local anesthetic is administered to the treatment region once the symmetry between the two eyes has been assessed.
- The surgeon next carefully cuts along the marked lines to remove the eyelid’s skin, fat, and, in some cases, muscle.
- The eyelid is then moved to its new location and the incisions are sewn together.
The stitches will remain for a duration of 3 to 6 days. The initial procedure’s swelling may cause a brief visual blur, but it will subside in 10 days.
What Are the Treatment Benefits?
Vision is improved:
The extra skin on the eyelids that contributes to visual impairment is removed during blepharoplasty. This leads to the recovery of your previous vision.
Major Confidence Booster:
A better appearance means a higher level of confidence. You are sure to go about with a new degree of self-confidence and self-esteem after surgery with your new and youthful looks.
You can start continuing with most of your daily tasks after 3-4 days.
The results of the treatment start appearing within a week.
Natural Looking Results:
Once the healing process is completed, the final results look entirely natural.
After surgery, it is common to feel pain or discomfort as well as have swelling, bruising, and somewhat blurred vision. In order to ensure effective recovery, the following guidelines are to be followed:
- Put off doing anything physically demanding for at least a week.
- Abstain from smoking for a few weeks.
- Try not to rub your eyes.
- Use eye drops or creams as prescribed.
- The night following surgery, apply cold packs to your eyes for 10 minutes per hour and 4 to 5 times for the next 3 days.
- Wait for 24 hours after surgery before washing your face, taking a bath, or showering.
- For two nights, elevate your head as you sleep.
- To shield your eyelid skin from wind and sunlight, put on some dark sunglasses.
- If you develop bleeding, extreme swelling, excruciating pain, or major loss of eyesight, get medical attention right away.
- Follow up for check-up as advised by the surgeon.
How Much Will an Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty in Islamabad Cost Me?
Charges for Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty in Islamabad range from around 65,000 PKR to 110,000 PKR approximately. The cost of the operation varies depending on a variety of factors, including the expert surgeon’s due charges, the location of the clinic, the price of the anesthetic, the surgical fee, the technique used for the procedure, and the charges of the medications.
How Long Do the Outcomes of The Surgery Last?
This surgery is an irreversible process and it is recommended that you consult your doctor first and then get started on the procedure. This is because since the process cannot be reversed, most people regret getting it done due to the results.
Get an Appointment!
Having sleepy eyes all the time can be a bother. So hurry up and get an appointment today! Fill out the form given and get a call from our representatives for a complimentary consultation session.