Getting a jaw reconstruction surgery without discussing the results with your doctor is a risky thing to do. There are several people who have no idea what they will look like after the surgery and just go into it. But that’s not the right way to go at it. Before getting the surgery, you should first consult with your doctor. He will discuss all possible results with you and will answer all your queries such as “Will Jaw Surgery Change my Face”, etc. if you want to get more details about the results of jaw surgery, continue reading!
How is a Jaw Surgery Performed?
Jaw surgery is a facial surgery that is used for reconstruction, medical, and sometimes even cosmetic purposes. This procedure is also referred to as an orthognathic surgical procedure. The reason why this surgery is performed depends on the client. Sometimes they just want a firmer jawline and sometimes they just want to reconstruct their jaw for medical reasons. Either way, it is performed in the following way:
- First, you will be given a computerized version of what you will look like after the surgery.
- If you deem it fit, you can get the surgery started.
- You will be placed under sedatives and the surgery will be started.
- According to your needs, the surgeon will make the required changes to your jaw.
- He will then sew up the wound and bandage it.
What is the recovery time for Jaw Surgery?
Getting jaw surgery can take around 1 to 2 months for the wound to heal. This means that the recovery period depends on the person’s immune system. If a person has a weak immune system, then it is very likely that they will take longer to recover from this surgery. Other factors that can cause delays in the surgery include:
- Being on blood thinners
- Smoking after the surgery
- Drinking before surgery and during recovery
- Putting a strain on your jaw
- Eating hard food
If any of these problems occur, you could delay or slow down your recovery process. If you feel like you are not recovering and feel like an infection coming up, please consult a doctor.
Does Jaw Surgery Change Your Face?
One of the first questions that people ask their doctors before this procedure is “Will Jaw Surgery Change my Face?”. To answer that, yes, it is very likely that jaw surgery will change the way your face looks. Most minor surgeries do not bring about much change. But several patients go through dramatic changes after getting jaw surgery. Some of these changes are:
- Overall better appearance of your facial features.
- Your face will look more detailed and defines
- Your features will look more prominent
- The nose will be upturned and appear defined
- The cheekbones will look higher and more definite
- The list will look fuller and perfectly shaped
- Your chin will no longer look protruding or sunken depending on your condition
- Your jawbone will look more chiseled and definite
Before and After:
If you compare you’re before and after pictures, you will notice a prominent and visible change in your jawline. Most people have reported that their relatives and friends even had a hard time recognizing who they were when they first got the surgery. So it can easily be said that getting jaw surgery will very likely bring prominent changes to your face.
Can Anyone Get Jaw Surgery?
Since this surgery is performed for all reasons, anyone can get jaw reconstruction surgery. There is no set age limit to getting this operation since you can get a misaligned jaw due to injury too. But if you are getting it done for aesthetic reasons, you should follow the following guidelines:
- You can only get this surgery after puberty for long-lasting results
- yu o must be on a clean diet
- You should be a non-smoker and non-drinker
- You must not be overweight
- You must not be underweight
These guidelines are only given to help you recover better and to make the surgery less challenging.
Not everyone is born with the perfect jawline, some people get it made. But that doesn’t mean that everyone only gets a jaw for the looks. Some people get it due to the health concerns that come with a misaligned jaw. But none-the-less, you can get it fixed at SKN Cosmetics Surgery Clinic in Islamabad for very affordable prices. Book an appointment today and get the perfect jawline in no time!