Having yellow or dull teeth is very embarrassing but wondering to test some home remedies to whiten your teeth isn’t always a good idea.
You know why? Here are the Top 10 Teeth Whitening Myths busted, that we all assume true and must have tried too:
- Baking soda teeth whitening myth
- Hydrogen peroxide teeth whitening
- Strawberries and Lemons teeth whitening
- Whitening toothpaste myth
- Homemade teeth whitening gel
- Permanent Teeth whitening procedures
- Teeth whitening treatment in Islamabad also work on crowns and veneers
- Everyone can undergo a Teeth whitening procedure
- Turmeric teeth whitening
- Banana peel teeth whitening
1. Baking soda teeth whitening:
Baking soda is an abrasive and can remove stains from your teeth but at the same time, it can damage the enamel of your teeth. It can also stimulate the good to bad ratio of the bacteria in your mouth, cause plaque and lead to discoloring your teeth.
2. Hydrogen peroxide teeth whitening:
Well hydrogen peroxide is mostly used in the tooth whitening pastes, that’s completely safe due to less amount. But if you directly use hydrogen peroxide on your teeth then it can bleach your teeth and damage your oral tissues as well.
3. Strawberries and Lemons teeth whitening:
You must have heard that strawberries and lemon have acidic factor, but it doesn’t mean that they can help you in removing the plaque from your teeth. Because these fruits don’t contain the bleaching factor that helps to change teeth color.
4. Whitening toothpaste:
Well, whitening toothpastes can give you little effect. But if you want to change your teeth color and really whiten them, then you have to keep in contact the whitening chemicals to your teeth for almost 20 minutes.
5. Homemade teeth whitening gel:
Using homemade teeth whitening gels are strictly prohibited. You should only use gels that are specially designed for teeth whitening, proven scientifically and safely trialed as well. Because it’s important to keep yourself safe from oral problems.
6. Permanent Teeth whitening procedures:
The teeth whitening procedures give permanent results but as you will age, your teeth will age as well and will turn yellow. It’s also a possibility that if you have bad habits like smoking, drinking alcohol, or sugary drinks then your teeth may continue to turn yellow due to bacterial growth.
7. Teeth whitening treatments also work on crowns and veneers:
Teeth whitening treatments, medications and gels doesn’t work on crowns, veneers or even tooth colored fillings. Instead these only works on natural teeth.
8. Everyone can undergo a Teeth whitening procedure:
Well, everyone can’t undergo a teeth whitening procedure including children, pregnant and lactating women.
9. Turmeric teeth whitening:
Similar to baking soda, turmeric also contain minimal whitening factors due to being abrasive. It also removes stains from your teeth and damages your enamel as well.
10. Banana peel teeth whitening:
If you think banana peels can at least be true and can whiten your teeth, then you are wrong because it’s also a myth like others. It can remove some amount of surface stains on your teeth but it won’t provide you a deep clean.
Using banana peels or other fruits for whitening your teeth isn’t recommended at all, because these can rot your teeth due to the sugar levels.
If you want to safely whiten your teeth at affordable cost, then feel free to consult the SKN Cosmetics to consider teeth whitening treatment in Islamabad.