Best Hair Transplant Surgeon in Islamabad:
SKN Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is the best place to have hair transplant procedures. We are specialized in both medical and cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. Doctor Naveed Azhar is one of the Best Hair Transplant Surgeon in Islamabad Pakistan. He works closely with you in prioritizing your objectives and your health in order to help you achieve your ideal look.
What is Hair Loss?
Hair loss also termed as alopecia can affect both men and women at any age. It is completely a normal process of aging. However, in some cases there may be other causes of hair loss which might include:
- An inherited genetic condition
- An illness
- Hormonal changes
- Skin conditions
- Injury or burns
- A side effect of surgery
- Cancer treatment (e.g. chemotherapy)
Suitable Candidates for The Procedure:
Suitable candidates for Hair Transplantation procedure are those who are experiencing:
- A receding hairline
- Thinning hair
- Hair loss
While hair loss does not cause any damage to physical health but it can severely impact many people’s mental health. Because of this, both men and women hunt for hair loss cures, remedies, and treatments in order to stimulate hair growth in areas where it has been lost.
How Is a Hair Transplant Procedure Done?
There are mainly two a hair transplant can be done:
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT):
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), also known as the strip method, is a procedure that is carried out by removing a strip of healthy skin and hair and transplanting it to a balding area.
Steps Involved in the FUT Method:
- Strip removal: in the first step the Best Surgeon for Hair Transplant in Islamabad Pakistan will first take out a large strip of healthy skin and hair from the back of your scalp.
- Strip separation: Once the large strip of hair and skin is detached, it is divided into smaller strips.
- Graft separation: These smaller strips are then further separated into small groups known as the “follulicar units” or “grafts”.
- Graft insertion: Once the grafts are ready, the surgeon will make tiny cuts in the balding area and carefully transplant the grafts inside these cuts.
- After all the grafts are put in place, the surgeon will close the wound by using dissolvable or non-dissolvable stitches.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE):
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is the latest procedure that consists of the removal and relocation of individual hairs. This procedure is also most commonly executed on the scalp but can be used to treat other parts of the body.
Steps involved in the FUE method:
- Hair preparation: firstly, the treatment area is shaved and a device (known as a punch tool) is used to prepare the individual hairs that will be detached.
- Individual hair removal: the individual hairs are then removed individually,
- Hair selection: the surgeon will choose the best ones from the hairs that have been removed to be used for the transplant.
- Individual hair insertion: Once the surgeon has selected the hairs, he will make tiny incisions in the balding area, and insert these hairs into the incisions.
Hair Transplant Consultation:
Before the procedure, you must choose the Best Hair Transplant Surgeon in Islamabad Pakistan for consultation. During this consultation, you will get to know the skill level and expertise of your surgeon and also have the opportunity to discuss why you want to have a hair transplant, and also to have a better understanding of the procedure.
Your surgeon will prudently examine the areas on your scalp and will ask some specific questions like:
- How is your current overall health?
- About your medical conditions
- About your medications
- About any major surgery, you have had in the past?
- About the use of alcohol smoke or any recreational drugs
- About certain types of allergies.
Hair Transplant Aftercare:
There are numerous different surgical methods that the surgeon can use to perform a hair transplant. The recovery process can resultantly differ depending on which of these methods your surgeon uses. However, in any case, it is incredibly important that you must follow the specific instructions given by your surgeon during your recovery. This will not only make sure that your recovery process is safe, but will also help you achieve better and desired outcomes of the procedure.