Learning About Syringoma:
Syringoma is a skin condition in which the sweat glands are affected, and they result in small ‘bumps’ or ‘growths’ on the body. These are most likely to appear around the eyes, upper cheeks, chest, abdomen, and armpits. These are not harmful in nature so there isn’t any medical reason to have them removed. People choose syringoma removal solely due to cosmetic reasons so that they achieve smoother skin with no texture. Syringoma is asymptomatic, which means it does not cause any other issues besides affecting your appearance
What is Syringoma Removal?
It consists of surgery to remove syringoma permanently. It is the most preferred treatment as it yields desired results. It only takes a single session to remove them effectively. Some dermatologists also prescribe medications such as isotretinoin (trade name: Accutane) but it isn’t much effective. Ointments and cream products are also available to minimize the texture and make the skin look more even, but nonetheless, surgery is the only way that these growths can be removed completely. It is a more reliable way to have Syringoma Removal in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan.
What Kind of Surgeries Can be Done for Syringoma Removal?
This is the most preferable method, as it does not leave scarring behind and gives you immediate results. Your doctor will use carbon dioxide to target the syringoma
A needle-like instrument is used, which is supplied with electric charge and helps burn the tumors
Cryotherapy, or Treating with Cold:
In this procedure, the tumors are frozen off the skin. Liquid nitrogen is used as it is known to be highly freezing in nature.
They can be removed manually by using sharp surgical tools, although they have a greater risk of leaving scarring behind
How Fast Is The Recovery Process?
Recovery from Syringoma Removal in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan should not take long. You will recover within one to two weeks of the surgery. No matter what kind of surgery you have had, it shouldn’t take long to heal. It is advised to go as little as possible outside, to minimize the risk of infection. If infected, it could result in deeper and more persisting scarring. Touching or picking on the scabs is the worst thing you can do to the healing process. It hinders the natural healing process of your skin and makes it more prone to having dark spots. Let the scabs fall off by themselves. This would mean you have healed and are ready to go. If there is any discomfort felt during the healing process, over-the-counter pain medication can help. Your doctor will be available for guidance for how to take care of your skin post-surgery
What Makes Me Eligible For This Treatment?
As it is not a medical problem, there aren’t any serious considerations. Although there are some such as:
- not having any allergies to medicine
- being over the age of 18
- not considering this treatment during pregnancy, or breastfeeding
- your syringoma isn’t asymptomatic – it causes itching/pain
- you are on potent medication
It is advisable to discuss your medical history with your dermatologist so that they can suggest you what is best for you and your skin.
Will My Syringoma Reoccur After Surgery?
It is least likely that it will occur again after being completely removed from your face. After going through the surgery at syringoma removal in Islamabad, there are certain important habits you need to develop to prevent such growths on your face again. Here are some:
- Cleanse, cleanse and cleanse! Be sure that you cleanse twice a day, with a good cleanser that does not disrupt the pH of your skin.
- Always cleanse your face well, and moisturize it before going to sleep. You cannot sleep with make-up on, which can harbor bacteria, infuse harmful chemicals into your skin and mix with sebaceous secretions of your facial skin
- Exfoliate your skin very well, and at least twice a week. Chemical exfoliators are recommended. Physical exfoliation should only be done by a professional. You could end up ruining the protective barrier of your skin if you do it yourself. Chemical exfoliations can be done by estheticians-approved products. They are more effective in supporting your skin for staying healthy.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Eating foods high in carbohydrates can be a reason of these tumors too. Consume food that is richer in vitamin A and D.
What Are The Benefits of Syringoma Removal For Me?
Out of the many, here are some listed below:
- Clearer, smoother, fresher skin
- Looking younger and revived
- Frees you of low self-confidence
- No after-effects, consequences, or major scarring
- Affordable and reliable
- Performed by professionals that care about your well-being first
- Receiving expert consultation for the best for your skin
If you are looking forward to receiving Syringoma Removal in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan contact us for further details and assistance.