The biological process of menopause is normal. However, menopause symptoms, including physical ones like hot flashes and emotional ones like depression, can interfere with your sleep, sap your energy, or harm your mental well-being. From lifestyle changes to hormone therapy, there are numerous efficient available Menopause treatments in Islamabad.
Over the course of several years, the natural menopause process unfolds gradually. Estrogen production is reduced during this phase, which is also known as perimenopause, and menstrual cycles become irregular. Additionally, menopausal symptoms may be reported by women at this stage. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which replaces the low levels of hormones, is the main medical treatment for menopause and perimenopause symptoms.
The symptoms of perimenopause, menopause and postmenopause are typically the same, with the exception of changes in menstruation. The following are the main early perimenopause symptoms:
- heavier or lighter periods than you normally experience
- less frequent menstruation
- vasomotor symptoms, including hot flashes, night sweats, and flushing
Menopause also frequently causes the following symptoms as well:
- vaginal dryness
- weight gain
- difficulty concentrating
- memory problems
- reduced libido, or sex drive
- dry skin, mouth, and eyes
- increased urination
- sore or tender breasts
- racing heart
- urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- reduced muscle mass
- painful or stiff joints
- reduced bone mass
- less full breasts
- hair thinning or loss
- increased hair growth on other areas of the body, such as the face, neck, chest, and upper back
Causes of Menopause:
Some major causes of menopause may include:
- The loss of active ovarian follicles is among the most obvious changes.
- The organs that enable menstruation and fertility are called ovarian follicles because they are responsible for producing and releasing eggs from the ovary wall.
The common causes of induced menopause include:
- Bilateral oophorectomy or surgical removal of the ovaries
- Oestrogen receptor-positive tumors in women can be treated with ovarian ablation, or the cessation of ovarian function, using hormone therapy, surgery, or radiotherapy methods.
- X-rays of the pelvis
- Damage to the ovaries in the pelvis that is severe or fatal
Menopause treatment in Islamabad may consist of various hormone replacement therapies. Many women’s menopause symptoms don’t require treatment. Your symptoms might disappear on their own, as well. Or perhaps you don’t feel the symptoms are unpleasant. Speak with your doctor or nurse about ways to treat your symptoms if you find them bothersome.
Menopause hormone therapy:
There are two main types of hormone therapy:
Estrogen therapy (ET):
- During estrogen therapy (ET), estrogen is taken orally.
- It can be used as a pill or a patch and is typically prescribed in a low dose.
- Alternatively, ET may be administered to you as a cream, vaginal ring, gel, or spray.
- A hysterectomy is followed by this kind of therapy.
- If your uterus is still in place, estrogen alone will not work.
Estrogen Progesterone/Progestin Hormone Therapy (EPT):
- The use of the hormones estrogen, progesterone, and progestin (EPT): Because it includes doses of both estrogen and progesterone, this therapy is also known as combination therapy.
- Both the natural form of progesterone and progestin are available (a synthetic form of progesterone).
- If your uterus is still present, this type of hormone therapy is used.
One other treatment may include
Low-Dose Vaginal Products:
- Sometimes the only issue that requires treatment in women is dry vaginal skin.
- Since these products only have local effects, they can be used in this situation as low-dose vaginal preparations (cream, tablet, capsule, or ring).
- Along with reducing vaginal dryness, these treatments can reduce the frequency of urinary tract infections.
- Though they are uncommon, side effects can occasionally cause bleeding and vaginal irritation.
Contraindications for hormone therapies:
You cannot get hormone therapy if you ever had:
- Heart disease or risk factors, such as high cholesterol, in the past
- Having breast cancer in one’s family or personally
- Having a blood type of fat called triglycerides at high levels
- Having gallbladder disease in the family
- A liver condition
- Experience with blood clots or stroke
Non-hormonal therapies for menopause:
Following are the non-hormone therapies for menopause:
- Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Medications to prevent or treat osteoporosis
Please consult your physician before taking these medicines.
Lifestyle modifications are a better way to treat some menopause symptoms.
- Altering your diet
- Preventing hot flashes triggers.
- Stop smoking
- Lower alcohol consumption
- Aim for 30 minutes of exercise five days per week
- Taking part in support groups.
- Drugs on prescription
- Healthy weight management
- Yearly mammogram
- Stress management
Long-term health risks associated with menopause:
Following are the long-term risks associated with menopause if it is left untreated:
- Coronary artery disease
The chances of them may be reduced with proper care and treatment.
Menopause Treatment Costs in Islamabad may vary. It depends upon the type of therapy being employed. As hormone replacement therapy is always covered by insurance so you do not have to pay it out of your pocket. The cost of hormone therapy will depend upon every individual’s need and condition.
Choose SKN Clinic for Menopause Treatment:
We are different from other clinics on the following basis:
- Comfortable, Compassionate Experts
- Healthcare Provided Individually with Tailored Treatment Plans
- A Specialized Menopause Center
- Locations in Birmingham, Lake Orion, Clarkston, and Metamora, four of them conveniently situated
- Occupational Laboratory Analysis
- All menopausal symptoms are treated by our clinic SKN Cosmetic Surgery in Islamabad.
So if you seeking Menopause Treatment costs in Islamabad you can book your first consultation with us. Call us directly or fill out the form below.