Getting marks or blemishes after having a bad breakout on your face can seriously lower your confidence and self-esteem, forcing you to retreat to your house and never step out in the sunlight ever again. Well, these were the old tactics when the beauty industry was not that advanced and could not offer any treatments fr breakout scarring.
With today’s technology, you no longer have to hide in your rooms after suffering a major breakout episode. You can simply get your scarring treated with Collagen induction therapy, which is also referred to as skin needling or micro-needling. Microneedling for Acne Scars has been around for quite some time now and is very effective against all sorts of breakout marks.
What is This Treatment About?
This treatment uses a tool that has tiny needles embedded in the tip that pierces the damaged skin area to promote the production of collagen. Collagen is necessary for repairing the skin, so when large quantities of collagen is artificially produced by the skin by using this method, it can help heal large pimple mark. This collagen wil act as a filler substance, filling out the depressions left after a breakout.
This treatment is a safer option as compared to getting any other treatment. There are no risks involved and the results are guaranteed. The procedure only requires a few touch-up sessions, once every six months, and the results are almost instant. Since its not a surgical procedure, there is no recovery time period.
How Long is Each Session?
Depending on which area of the body you are getting treated, each session for this treatment can last from twenty minutes to about forty-five minutes. If the area that is being treated has a large surface area, such as the back, than it can take up too four sessions every week. But if you are getting this treatment on a smaller area such as your face, than you will require one session every four months.
Your sessions also depend on how severe are the marks. Sometimes people will have average marks on their skin after a breakout, while there are some cases where the acne is so bad that even the scars are hollow and require more attention than usual.
Who Can Apply For This Treatment?
This treatment aims to provide you with smooth and even skin texture. Other than that its important that you fall under the following categories:
- You should have acne marks on your skin that cannot be treated otherwise.
- You must not have any blood diseases.
- You should be a non-smoker with a healthy diet
Is It Costly?
The cost of this treatment depends on several factors. Apart from the clinic’s location and the doctor’s expertise, the following are some of the reasons why Microneedling of Acne Scars would cost more or less:
1) The final cost for this treatment depends on the number of sessions you get every six weeks.
2) The total expenses also depend on which area of the body you are getting treated. If you getting a larger area treated (such as your back or legs) it is very likely that you will have to pay a bigger amount of money. But if the treated area is small, such as your face or neck, it is very likely that you will pay a lesser amount of money.
3) The overall price of the procedure also depends on whether or not you get the treatment done from a private clinic or from a proper hospital. Sometimes private clinic owners will charge you more money as compared to what a hospital would charge you.
Is It Painful?
This treatment cannot be termed as painful, but since it involves making tiny puncture wounds in the acne depressions, it can be a little uncomfortable for the patient. Sometimes your technician will apply a numbing cream to the treated area to help reduce the feeling of discomfort. This is usually done half an hour before the treatment is started so the numbing agent can work its magic.
Get a Free Consultation!
Now that you know about collagen therapy, you can get it done at SKN Cosmetics! We offer all our clients a free consultation session before they can get started with any beauty treatment. So fill out the form below and get your complimentary consultation session today!