Alopecia, or hair loss, affects about one-third of women at some point in their life; among postmenopausal women, this number can reach up to two-thirds. Because it’s less socially acceptable for women, hair loss frequently has a greater impact on them than it does on males. The emotional health and quality of life of a woman can be significantly impacted by alopecia. Women’s confidence is shattered if they lose their hair at any stage of their life. According to an estimate, almost 70% of women experience hair loss after 70 years. They start to experience it even after 40 years of age. But now there is nothing to worry about as Baldness Treatment for Women in Islamabad is possible. SKN Cosmetics is a pioneer in the field of hair transplant. You can fully trust our most experienced surgeon; Dr. Naveed Azhar because of his expertise.
Types of Hair Loss in Women:
- When compared to men, women may face different types of hair loss.
- Men shed their hair in a specific pattern called male pattern hair loss.
- While the women may lose hair in a variety of different types like hair thinning or a complete loss of hair.
- The onset of hair loss can be both gradual or it can also be sudden.
- It can also affect women of any age. Various factors that contribute may consist of genetic or extreme stress.
- Sometimes, certain medications or treatments like chemotherapy also play their role.
- Women may also lose hair after 4 to 5 months of giving birth to a baby.
Causes of Female Pattern Baldness:
Although the most important cause of female pattern baldness is genetic factors yet there are various other factors that may contribute to the process. The details of them have been given as under.
- Alopecia areata: is a rare form of autoimmune disease that results in hair loss by causing the immune system to attack the hair follicles.
- Medication: Hair loss can be an unintended side effect of some drugs, including those used to treat cancer. If a person stops taking the medication, however, hair usually grows back.
- Illness: Having a serious illness, such as a severe infection, a high fever, or having surgery, can cause hair loss.
- Traction alopecia: frequent hair pulling may lead to hair loss.
- Alterations in androgen concentrations (hormones that can stimulate male features)
- A male or female pattern baldness genealogical history
- Significant blood loss occurs during menstruation
Treatment of Female Hair Loss:
If left untreated, female pattern baldness causes permanent hair loss. The majority of the time, hair loss is mild to moderate. If you are happy with how you look, there is no need for treatment.
Minoxidil is the only drug endorsed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the United States to treat female pattern baldness. It is:
- Applied over the scalp.
- It is advised for women to use a 5% foam or 2% solution.
- For one in four or five women, minoxidil may promote hair growth. Most often, it can slow down or stop hair loss in females.
Because not everyone experiences success with minoxidil, it can take up to a year for visible results to appear. Dryness, ruddiness, and itching are possible side effects. When someone stops using the product, hair loss could start up again.
The most acceptable and viable method of treating female hair loss is by hair transplant. Some females might decide to get a hair transplant. Hair transplantation can be done using a variety of techniques. Only certain parts of the scalp are typically affected by hair loss. There are two types of methods used for hair transplant:
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE) and Follicular unit transplantation (FUT).
Unlike a FUT procedure, which involves removing a long strip of the scalp, separating the hair follicles, and then transplanting them, an FUE procedure involves extracting individual hair follicles that are then placed in different locations on the scalp.
At-home laser hair loss treatment may be something some people want to try. For the purpose of promoting hair regrowth, these devices use low-level laser light emission.
Platelet-rich plasma therapy:
Additionally helpful might be platelet-rich plasma therapy. In order to promote hair growth, your own platelets are extracted from your blood, spun down, and then injected back into your scalp.
Tips to Prevent Hair Loss:
- Do your best to opt for gentle hair care
- Choose nutrient-rich foods
- Adding iron and zinc
- Trying acupuncture
- Managing stress
Cost of Treatments:
The cost of Baldness Treatment for Women in Islamabad varies. It may depend upon various factors like:
- The type of medication being used
- In case of transplant: the expertise of the surgeon, the number of grafts, the location of the clinic, etc.
For complete guidelines about the cost, you can book your free first consultation with us. Our experts will tell you about the best procedure for you as well as its estimated cost.
Choose SKN Cosmetics for Treating Female Baldness:
SKN Cosmetics is the perfect choice for you for treating Baldness Treatment for Women in Islamabad. Dr. Naveed Azhar is a board-certified surgeon who has greater than 15 years of experience in the field of hair-related issues. He has a success rate of 100% as no patient has ever complained about him. Our professional staff will make you at home during the treatment procedure. So what are you waiting for? Book your free first consultation with us by calling us or filling out the form below.