After having hair transplant surgery, most people find very hard to be in patience and understandably so. During a hair transplant, healthy follicles have been relocated to places where there was no hair earlier, so it is very obvious to expect that hair growth should look fuller and thicker right after the surgery. Unfortunately, it possibly will take some time for the new hairs to regrow as thick and healthy as they were previously.
In hair transplant surgery entire hair follicles are relocated into tiny incisions at the recipient site. This can cause trauma because of the fallout or shedding of healthy hair. This concept is concerning, but it is completely natural after the surgery. Once the follicle has properly fixed to its new location, the hair will start to grow. The growth might be a bit slow initially, In fact, it may take quite some time before a patient gets completely satisfying outcomes.
Thankfully, through the early hair growing course, there are some ways to boost hair growth. Some areas simply as healthier lifestyle choices, while others can include relevant medications.
There are some pre and post-surgery care guidelines of hair transplant, by following these guidelines you have many chances to speed up the regrowth of hair. We can address these guidelines in the following steps
- Use medicines that are prescribed by your surgeon after getting a hair transplant.
- Use a gentle shampoo only when your surgeon allows, and try to wash the area around the hair follicles very carefully.
- Rinse your scalp very gently with a soft towel.
- Avoid unnecessarily touching your scalp after the surgery.
- Avoid scratching even if you will feel a slight itching around your transplanted hair
- Limit physical activities that cause sweating for 7 to 10 days at least.
- Have a healthy diet that contains enough nutrients like vitamins, minerals, iron, etc.
- Use foods that are rich in antioxidants, like blueberries, squash, peppers, cherries, and tomatoes.
- Increase the intake of liquids like shakes, juices and drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.