In the cosmetic procedure known as microdermabrasion, the outermost layer of dead skin cells on the face or body is exfoliated and removed using a device. This procedure contributes to smoother skin texture, fewer wrinkles and fine lines, and a lessened appearance of age spots, acne scars, and other skin flaws. But before the procedure, you need to get to know about certain things. Read on to learn more about The Dos and Don’ts of Microdermabrasion Aftercare here.
Ideal Candidates For Microdermabrasion:
- People who want to improve the texture and appearance of their skin.
- Those who want to lessen fine lines and wrinkles, and hide acne scars.
- If you want to hide age spots and other skin flaws.
- So you are the best candidate for microdermabrasion if you suffer from these flaws.
- Additionally, it is appropriate for people with mild to moderate acne or clogged pores.
- Severe cases of acne, rosacea, eczema, or other skin conditions may preclude a person from benefiting from this therapy.
- To find out if microdermabrasion is the best option for you, speak with a trained skincare specialist.
How Microdermabrasion Works?
A skilled esthetician or dermatologist will use a handheld device to spray tiny crystals onto the skin’s surface during a microdermabrasion procedure. By gently exfoliating the skin, these crystals remove dead skin cells and encourage cell renewal. The crystals and dead skin cells are then removed by the device using suction, leaving the skin looking smoother, brighter, and more youthful.
Risks and Side Effects:
The majority of people are generally thought to find microdermabrasion to be safe, but there are some potential risks and side effects to be aware of. These might include swelling, redness, and sensitivity to sunlight right after the procedure. If their skin is particularly sensitive, some people may also experience minor bleeding or bruising.
Dos of Microdermabrasion Aftercare:
- Maintaining moisture on your skin is crucial to avoiding flakiness and irritation after microdermabrasion, which can leave your skin feeling tight and dry.
- Avoid exposure to the sun right after microdermabrasion, and use broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher when going outside.
- Remain hydrated: After microdermabrasion, it’s especially crucial to keep your skin hydrated and healthy by drinking lots of water.
- Follow the post-treatment instructions given by your dermatologist or aesthetician.
- Use gentle skincare products: Use mild and fragrance-free skincare products that won’t irritate your skin.
Don’ts of Microdermabrasion Aftercare:
- Don’t touch your face needlessly: To prevent contaminating your skin with bacteria and other germs after microdermabrasion, don’t touch your face needlessly.
- Don’t wear makeup: Avoid wearing any makeup for at least 24 hours after microdermabrasion, as this can clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
- Don’t use hot water: Avoid using hot water to wash your face after microdermabrasion, as this can damage your skin’s surface.
- Don’t exfoliate: Refrain from exfoliating your skin for at least five days after microdermabrasion, as this can lead to further irritation.
Overall, it’s important to listen to your skin and follow the aftercare instructions provided by your dermatologist or aesthetician to ensure optimal healing and healthy, radiant skin.
Book Your Consultation:
It’s crucial to speak with an expert in skincare before beginning a microdermabrasion procedure to make sure it’s the right choice for you. They can give you advice on how to get ready for the procedure and take care of your skin afterward, as well as explain the potential advantages and risks. SKN Cosmetics is blessed to have the services of renowned dermatologists. Dr. Ayusha Khan has an experience of more than 15 years. So if you want to have this procedure you can visit us. You can call us directly or fill out the form given below.