It’s possible that if you’ve ever thought about getting a hair transplant, you’ve probably wondered what the recovery time would be like. How long does hair restoration recovery in Islamabad take? Is the procedure going to hurt? Will the back of my head be covered in a large scar?
In this blog post, you will learn about everything related to recovery and aftercare of hair restoration treatment. So, take a moment and read the following details.
How Much Time Will It Take To Recover?
Recovery time after a hair restoration treatment can vary depending on the specific procedure that was performed and the individual’s healing process.
After an FUE (follicular unit extraction) procedure, most people can return to normal activities within a few days, although some redness and soreness in the treated area may persist for a week or two.
After a FUT (follicular unit transplantation) procedure, recovery time may be longer, with swelling and discomfort lasting for a week or more. Stitches are typically removed within 7-10 days after the procedure.
In both cases, it’s important to avoid any strenuous activities that may cause bleeding or damage to the transplanted hair follicles for at least a week after the procedure.
After the procedure, the newly transplanted hair will begin to fall out over the next several weeks. New hair will begin to grow in its place, typically starting around 3-4 months after the procedure. It may take up to 12 months for the final results of the hair restoration to be visible.
What Is The Process Of Hair Restoration Recovery?
The process of hair restoration recovery varies depending on the specific procedure that was performed, but generally, there are a few common steps that are involved:
- After the procedure, the treated area will be bandaged or covered with a dressing to protect the newly transplanted hair follicles.
- Some swelling, redness and soreness in the treated area may occur, and medication may be prescribed to manage pain and inflammation.
- The bandages or dressings will typically be removed a day or two after the procedure, and the newly transplanted hair will begin to fall out over the next several weeks.
- After the transplanted hair has fallen out, new hair will begin to grow in its place, typically starting around 3-4 months after the procedure.
- It may take up to 12 months for the final results of the hair restoration to be visible.
- Follow-up visits with the surgeon are typically scheduled to monitor the healing process and ensure that the transplanted hair is growing correctly.
It is important to follow post-operative instructions and guidelines provided by the surgeon to ensure the best possible outcome and recovery.
What To Do During The Recovery Process?
During the hair restoration recovery process, it is important to:
- Follow the post operative instructions provided by the surgeon. This may include guidelines for caring for the treated area, taking medication to manage pain and inflammation, and avoiding certain activities.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry. This may involve washing the area with a mild shampoo and avoiding any hair products or styling agents for some time.
- Avoid any strenuous activities that may cause bleeding or damage to the transplanted hair follicles for at least a week after the procedure.
- Take any prescribed medication as directed to manage pain and inflammation.
- Avoid exposing the treated area to direct sunlight or UV rays for some time, as they can cause irritation and delay the healing process.
- Keep the head elevated and avoid sleeping in the treated area for a few days after the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking, as they can slow down the healing process and affect new hair growth.
- Avoid using any hair styling tools like hair dryers, straighteners, curlers, etc.
- Avoid swimming, sauna, and steam rooms, as they can cause infection or delay the healing process.
Do You Want To Know More?
These are the basic details about how the recovery process will complete after hair restoration treatment. Still, if you are confused or want to know anything related to its recovery process, feel free to consult the SKN Cosmetic clinic. They will guide you according to your condition.