Alopecia Areata is an autoimmune syndrome, in which the immune system by mistake attacks healthy hair follicles due to which hair loss is triggered.
But fortunately, alopecia Areata is not eternal or permanent and can be beaten if caught in early stages and treated by considering hair transplant in Islamabad.
Different Kinds of Alopecia Areata:
- Congenital alopecia
- Symptomatic alopecia
- Seborrhoea alopecia
- Cicatricle alopecia
- Premature alopecia
It’s a rather uncommon form of hair loss. It is considered as the extreme hair thinning that can be combined with the other syndromes, such as weakening of nails, teeth, etc.
It occurs in women and it is usually limited to just hair thinning. Hair starts falling out from the frontal and parietal areas and it grasps other sections of the scalp too. The scalp skin on the bad sites becomes more prominent.
As the name defines itself, that hair loss starts from the background of the seborrhoea. It’s marked with the abnormal sebaceous excretions and hair thinning on the complete surface of the scalp.
Perpetual damage of hair follicles and its replacement by the connecting tissues are involved in this type of alopecia Areata. It’s not very much noticeable, as in case of healing wounds. It results in the vanishing of hair follicles holes and the scalp becomes smooth.
Hair loss occurs on numerous small areas of the scalp, underarms, on the pubis, beard, eyelashes or eyebrows. Such hair loss areas have round outlines, they can increase and also can merge among themselves forming bigger bald marks.
What are the major Causes for Alopecia Areata?
- Thyroid infection
- Have a relative who has a similar disorder
- Asthma and hypersensitivities
- Trauma, depression and stress
What are the Early warning signs of Alopecia Areata?
If you observe these early symptoms, then it means that you are suffering from alopecia Areata:
- Patchy balding ►when your skin starts to reveal visible patches where hair used to be, clusters of hair on your pillow or in shower, rather than scalp these regions also effects; eyebrows, eyelashes, facial hair or any hair bearing site.
- “Exclamation check” hairs ► hair show up at the edges of the exposed spots, get smaller at the base like an exclamation mark.
- Widespread male pattern baldness ► few patients go completely bald and some lose all their body hair.
- Nail issues ► nails have white spots or lines, lose their shine, turn out to be thinner, once in a while change fit as a fiddle or drop out.
- Itching or consuming in the range of male pattern baldness.
Diagnosis of Alopecia Areata:
You will have to take an appointment with the trichologist at the Royal Cosmetic Surgery, so that he would identify the primary factor and type of alopecia Areata by diagnosing through following ways:
By taking blood sample tests for the hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism conditions.
By taking Hair Pull test.
By performing a skin biopsy test to identify the cause of your alopecia areata.
Treatment Options of Alopecia Areata:
Following are the traditional treatment options of alopecia areata:
- Corticosteroid Injections
- Cream or Ointment
Drawbacks of Corticosteroid Injections:
- Corticosteroid injections are like all other traditional alopecia areata treatments, as these can’t help you in the prevention or controlling further hair loss.
- These injections can cause side effects and skin allergies such as; irritation, swelling, redness, inflammation and acne.
- These injections can also cause temporary depressions (which are called “dells”) in your skin.
Drawbacks of Minoxidil
- Minoxidil isn’t an effective treatment option to treat alopecia areata, as it can also harm your skin and can cause several skin infections.
RELATED: Major Causes and treatment of hair loss.
Drawbacks of Cream or Ointment:
- Creams and ointments are really harmful and can irritate your skin.
- These can also cause serious skin infections and side effects.
- These can also cause temporary, brownish discoloration or staining of your skin.
Drawback of Corticosteroids:
- The topical corticosteroids is limited by their absorption in your scalp and doesn’t treating alopecia areata.
If you want to permanently treat your alopecia areata without suffering from side effects or skin allergies at affordable cost, then feel free to consult the SKN Cosmetic Surgery to consider hair transplant in Islamabad.